How effective is email marketing in 2016? With all the attention surrounding social media, it’s easy to neglect email or not give it real consideration in your strategy. However, studies continue to show that email marketing has huge impact on sales conversions, social content shares, and retaining your customers…three very influential factors to your bottom line results. Growing your list and maintaining it will be the difference between generating fresh new clients regularly or struggling to build your clientele.
To illustrate our point, we’ve gathered 10 intriguing email marketing stats and facts that reveal the true value of email marketing. Be sure to read all the way through as we’ll provide some key tips on how you can simply improve your email strategy!
10 Statistics Showing Why Email Marketing is Still Important
#1 20% of marketers can directly link their email operations to their company’s primary revenue source (Source: Pardot)
#2 59% of B2B marketers say email is the most effective channel for generating revenue (Source: Hubspot)
#3 89% of marketers say that email is their primary channel for lead generation (Source: Mailigen)
#4 Email marketing works 40 times better at getting customers than Facebook and Twitter, and compared to social media (Source: McKinsey)
#5 Email subscribers are 3 times more likely to share your content via social media than visitors from other sources (Source: QuickSprout)
#6 When it comes to purchases made as a result of receiving a marketing message, email has the highest conversion rate (66%), when compared to social, direct mail and more. (Source: Direct Marketing Association)
#7 Nurtured leads make 47% larger purchases than non-nurtured leads (Source: Emma)
#8 77% of ROI comes from segmented, targeted, and triggered campaigns (Source: EmailExpert)
#9 Email marketing yields an average 4,300% return on investment for businesses in the United States. (Source: Direct Marketing Association)
#10 Marketers consistently ranked email as the single most effective tactic for awareness, acquisition, conversion, and retention (Source: Data Clover)
Based on these powerful stats, here’s what we can conclude about the effectiveness of email marketing and key tips you can implement to generate results in your organization:
- Email marketing has the ability to improve your list engagement, customer retention, boost revenue, and increase online visibility
- Use nurturing tactics to build relationships with your list and move them further along in your sales process
- Share your blog content with your subscribers to drive more traffic to your content. Be sure to include sharing features that allows them to easily distribute your content to their social networks
- Segment your list to improve engagement and sales conversions
- An email marketing tool is a must to execute your email strategy. Contact us here to learn how to leverage a free platform to get you started!
Email marketing is unequivocally a key component to your online marketing plan. Plan to put these tips into practice to begin leveraging the benefits email marketing has to offer in your business.
Source: RedCappi Blog